"Mermaid" - north Gig Harbor in background approximately 1913.
Martin Ancich in bow of boat.
Kerosene - running light
Turntable still in use
Built at Skansie Shipyard in 1912 - length 56'; powered by 40 HP Frisco Standard
For Lee Makovich Sr. and George & Barker Co. of Pt. Roberts
Transferred to Canadian flag & ownership in 1914
The master carpenter certificate was signed by Andrew Skansie, second seiner built in Skansie Shipyard.
Fishing boatsMermaidSkansie ShipyardLee MakovichSr.